Annual ATHENA Awards Luncheon 2018
The ATHENA Leadership Award® was inspired by the goddess of Greek mythology known for her strength, courage, wisdom and enlightenment - qualities embodied in the ATHENA Leadership Model®. The Award is unique in both scope---local, national and international---and the ATHENA mission upon which it is based. The ATHENA Leadership Award® is presented to a woman ---or man--- who is honored for professional excellence, community service and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
The ATHENA Leadership Award® Criteria
ATHENA Leadership Award® Recipients are individuals who:
- Have achieved the highest level of professional excellence.
- Contribute time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
- Actively assist others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential.
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® Recipients are emerging leaders who:
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their
business or profession.
- Provides valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
- Clearly serves as a role model for young women personally and professionally
The ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award, this award was established to honor organizations and businesses.
The business or organization:
- Creates an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential
- Gives back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/ or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiative
Congratulations to our Finalists!
Sarah Alsofrom, GL Homes
David Bates, Gunster
Gabrielle Finley-Hazle, St. Mary’s Medical Center
Rachel Docekal, Lyrae Group, LLC
Mayor Jeri Muoio, City of West Palm Beach
Julie Swindler, Families First of Palm Beach County
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award Finalists
Amyleigh Atwater, Place of Hope
Jordana Jarjura, Gulf Building
Kristin Kellogg, GliddenSpina + Partners
Lawonda Warren, City of Delray Beach
ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award Finalists
Florida Atlantic University
Palm Beach Zoo