Inaugural Sports & Spirits
Inaugural Sports & Spirits Event to Benefit Boys & Girls Club of Delray Beach
Coach Howard Schnellenberger and Coach Don Shula serve as Honorary Chairmen
Delray Beach, Fla. – Some of the most legendary athletes and sports figures of our time are coming together to celebrate the positive impact sports have on youth. The Inaugural Sports & Spirits event will take place on Wednesday, November 7 at the Seagate Country Club, 3600 Hamlet Drive, Delray Beach.
General admission is $150. VIP tickets are $200 and include access to an exclusive cocktail hour. Tickets are available at www.bgcpbc.org. The evening will feature sports talk, games, spirits, food stations, and a live and silent auction. Proceeds benefit Naoma Donnelley Haggin Boys & Girls Club of Delray Beach.
Confirmed as attending are:
- Coach Howard Schnellenberger – event Honorary Chairman, former Miami Dolphins head coach, and FAU Inaugural Season Coach
- Coach Don Shula - event Honorary Chairman and former Miami Dolphins head coach
- T.J. Jackson – Event’s honoree and Atlantic High School Football coach
- Neil Austrian - Former president of the NFL
- Bob Brudzinski – Former Miami Dolphins and L.A. Rams linebacker
- Bob Griese – Former Miami Dolphins quarterback and Pro Football hall of famer
- Vance Johnson – Former Denver Broncos wide receiver and 1/3 of the famous “Three Amigos”
- Nat Moore – Former Miami Dolphins running back
- Michael Moorer – Three-time world heavyweight champion boxer
- Joe Schad – The Palm Beach Post’s Miami Dolphins reporter
Serving as event chairmen are John Backer, Kurt Jetta, and Juliet and Alex Warner. Serving as Sports Chairman is Dan Paulus and Delray Beach Boys & Girls Club Board Chairman is John Smith, Jr.
“Our chairmen have been pivotal in the creation and planning of this new, exciting event,” says Jaene Miranda, president & CEO of Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County. “We are so grateful for their time and dedication to something that helps so many of our youth in Delray Beach.”
“This evening will be a fun way to celebrate both locally and nationally recognized sports figures and the importance of youth sports while raising critical funds for underserved children in our community,” said Juliet Warner.
Proceeds from Sports & Spirits benefit the Naoma Donnelley Haggin Boys & Girls Club of Delray Beach, one of 13 Boys & Girls Clubs in Palm Beach County. The Club provides award-winning programs during non-school hours, as well as summer camp opportunities, to underprivileged boys and girls ages 6 to 18.
Sponsorship opportunities and reserved seating are available at www.bgcpbc.org. For more information about Sports & Spirits and Naoma Donnelley Haggin Boys & Girls Club of Delray Beach, please contact Megan Middeke at 561-683-3287 or email@example.com.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County
Founded in 1971, Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County is a not-for-profit youth development organization dedicated to promoting the educational, vocational, health, leadership and character of boys and girls in a safe, nurturing environment. The Clubs provide more than a safe, fun and constructive alternative to being home alone – they offer a variety of award-winning developmental programs to help youth build skills, self-esteem and values during critical periods of growth. The thirteen Boys & Girls Clubs throughout Palm Beach County serve more than 8,500 children ages 6-18. For more information, please visit www.bgcpbc.org or call 561-683-3287.
# # #