Job Summary: Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager: Palm Beach Outlets
Direct Report: General Manager
Enhance the property value by managing the maintenance with a “hands-on” approach,
The Facilities Manager should have a good understanding of the maintenance department, operating systems of the property, construction practices, preventive maintenance, and safety practices.
Management and Operations
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the property in a manner that protects, maintains, and improves the value of the owners' assets.
- Implement and monitor hazard control and team safety practices, ensure compliance with local codes and regulations and pass the compliance portion of the operations audit.
- Implement preventive, ongoing, and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Select contracted services by developing scopes of work, requesting bids, monitor performance per scopes of work and contractual agreements.
- Manage multiple employees through effective communication, supervision, training, and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Develop with the General Manager multi-year capital project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects.
- Manage tenant construction by working with tenant coordinators, contractors, and tenants.
- Compliance with local codes and regulations.
- Monitor performance of in-house and contracted services and take necessary action to assure in-house performance and contracted services (security, landscaping, janitorial, etc.) are performing up to our maximum standards.
- Develop Plans of Action for Capital Projects and manage the process to complete these Capital Projects.
- Purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery, and equipment.
- Manager on Duty Supervises all property functions on assigned dates and holiday periods. This position requires flexibility in working hours.
- Knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Employee motivation and development
- To manage the activities of all employees engaged in operating and maintaining the property.
- Accurate budget preparation with emphasis on minimizing expenses by efficient use of vendors and materials.
- Assist the General Manager in developing and managing the operation expenses at budgeted levels.
- Manage capital projects in a timely, cost-effective manner at budgeted levels.
- Assist the general manager with forecasting operational and capital expenses.
- Drive Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, be bottom-line-oriented, and push oneself and others for results.
- Learning on the fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve complex problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at hones analysis, looks beyond the obvious, and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Timely Decision Making – makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure, able to make a quick decision.
- Developing Others – provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments, holds frequent development discussions, is aware of each direct report’s career goals, constructs compelling development plans and executes them, pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves, will take direct reports who need work, is a people builder.
- Organizing – can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, use resources effectively and efficiently, and arrange information and files in a useful manner.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at hones analysis, looks beyond the obvious, and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently, values time, concentrates efforts on the more important priorities, gets more done in less time than others, can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Associate degree or some vocational/technical training required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of administrative/technical experience and knowledge of property physical systems.
- Two to three (2-3) years in the property management industry.
- Experience with shopping mall property management is a plus.
- Knowledge of building systems, HVAC, plumbing, electrical.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, supervise, train, and direct three or more employees.
- Some knowledge of computers and peripherals.
- Two to three years of supervisory experience with two or more employees and demonstrates good leadership qualities.
- Bilingual (Spanish), a plus.
For consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org