29th Annual ATHENA Leadership Awards Virtual EVENT - 2020
The ATHENA Leadership Award® was inspired by the goddess of Greek mythology known for her strength, courage, wisdom and enlightenment - qualities embodied in the ATHENA Leadership Model®. The Award is unique in both scope---local, national and international---and the ATHENA mission upon which it is based. The ATHENA Leadership Award® is presented to a woman ---or man--- who is honored for professional excellence, community service and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
The ATHENA International organization celebrates the ATHENA Tenets - “Eight Principles of Enlightened Leadership; Live Authentically, Learn Constantly, Advocate Fiercely, Act Courageously, Foster Collaboration, Build Relationships, Give Back, and Celebrate”.
The chamber board and staff are pleased to formally announce the 2020 ATHENA Leadership Award Finalists:
ATHENA Leadership Award Finalists:
- Amy Royster Bridger, Founder & Managing Director, Ideabar
- Ann Marie Sorrell, President & CEO, The Mosaic Group
- Kalinthia Dillard, General Counsel/Deputy Inspector General, Palm Beach County Office of Inspector General
- Melissa McKinlay, Palm Beach County Commissioner, Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners
- Roberta Jurney, CEO, Quantum House
- Alison "Ali" Soule, Chief of Staff, Brightline
- Rachael Bonlarron, Executive Director for Community Engagement & Special Assistant to the President, Palm Beach State College
- Sarah Cohen, Legal Counsel, Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award Finalists:
- Greenberg Traurig
- Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches & Treasure Coast, Inc.
- Student ACES
The ATHENA Leadership Award®
ATHENA Leadership Award® Recipients are individuals who:
- Have achieved the highest level of professional excellence.
- Contribute time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
- Actively assist others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential.
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® Recipients are emerging leaders who:
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their
business or profession.
- Provides valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
- Clearly serves as a role model for young women personally and professionally
The ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award, this award was established to honor organizations and businesses.
ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award® Recipients are businesses or organizations that:
- Creates an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential
- Gives back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/ or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiative